Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Our New Book Not Just About Pigs!

I'm so pleased to be writing today about Hank's and my new book, Plowing With Pigs and Other Creative, Low-Budget Homesteading Solutions, published by New Society Publishers. We just said goodbye to a local reporter who came out to the farm to interview us for a newspaper article about the book. One thing that came up was the fact that the book is about so much more than pigs. There are chapters on poultry, pigs, cattle and other ruminants, tools, building what you need, growing small grain crops, making hay by hand, cooking from scratch, remodeling a farmhouse kitchen organically, and running a small home-based farm business. It's our pride and joy and we honestly can't wait to get started on the next book.
If you would like a personalized, autographed copy of our book for $25 (includes shipping), email me at thelocalloaf@gmail.com.  God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, you have been gone from blogging for a long time. There's nothing like a good book to get you back to blogging, huh. As soon as I heard that you were finished with the book, my pre order was made. I've had the book long enough to know that I'll be enjoying this one every winter during the long months of being inside. I'm usually not a book person. My attention span is only long enough for a good magazine article. The chapters in your book seem to fit that category. I'm reading about a chapter a day and enjoying every chapter. I did kind of skim through the book just to see what delights I would be experiencing and it is correct that it's not just about pigs. I would say that it's about homesteading.

    Love does have a way of throwing a wrench into our journey through life, doesn't it. I am really hoping to see you both at the May Spring Festival in Mansfield Missouri.

    Have the best day that you can.

    ReplyDelete